Monday, February 2, 2009

Extremely Warm Weather!

Well, here it is the middle of January and we again had a day where it was 75 degrees. It was way too nice for us to stay indoors. We loaded up in the car and headed for one of our favorite places, the zoo. Many other people had the same idea we did. Though there was a crowd, it was not unpleasantly crowded. All of us enjoyed being out in the sunshine. The animals seemed to enjoy the warm weather, too.

My kids are learning about compromise and agreement. When both of them find something they want to do or want to get and they don't agree, I have been encouraging them to compromise or come to an agreement. Today at the zoo was no different. I told them we could ride either the train or the carousel. Charles wanted to ride the train. Michelle wanted to ride the carousel. The were talking about which one to ride. Charles turns to Michelle and tells her that today he would like to compromise with her. He told her he would be happy riding just the carousel since it was what Michelle wanted to ride. She thanked him. They both enjoyed the carousel. When we were finished, I told them how proud I was that they had agreed and that there wasn't a fit. I took them to ride the train also as a reward for such good behavior and compromise.

We had a wonderful day. It is great to have these warm days during the winter. We are better able to cope with the cold and snow when we have one or two warm days to get out and enjoy the sunshine.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Come and teach that to my kids too, okay!