Tuesday, January 20, 2009

MLK Day!

We are so happy to have holidays that gives Gabe and extra day off. This was one of those such days. As a family, we have not been getting out and about because it has been cold. Today we decided we had no excuses. Gabe was off for MLK day. We got up early as usual. Then we took the kids up to the Denver Museum. It was a lot of fun. There were not near as many people as we expected.

"Space Odyessey" is always a great hit. Everyone had fun taking turns driving a space shuttle. The kids really enjoy pretending that they are going into space.

Charles put on a puppet show about an astronaut on the moon.

Another great hit is the dinosaur exhibit. The kids never get tired of seeing the bones and how big the skeletons are.

I don't know why or even how it got started, but Michelle's very favorite exhibit is the mummies. I don't think she even understands what a mummy is, but every time we go she insists on seeing this mummy.

In the "Discovery Center", the kids blew bubbles, colored, pretended to be dinosaurs, built puzzles, put a body together, and had fun looking in the crazy mirrors.

Charles built this archway with a little help from dad.

After we wondered through the museum, we went to the park. It was a beautiful day. Having the temperatures be 65 and no snow in January is weird. We need the snow, but we will take the nice weather in the middle of winter any time. It gives us an excuse to get out and enjoy the day.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

What!?! You mean you actually went somewhere and did not take us along! I am sooooo offended! I am glad that you guys had fun! I can't believe this weather lately! Awesome!!!