Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Primary!

The first Sunday of the new year is one of apprehension, anticipation, and worry, especially for a mother in our church. This marks the time when all of the children move up in the primary (sunday school) to their new class. You never know how your child is going to react to a new teacher. You hope they are prepared at home to learn the new things in class. I always hope that my child is not the one who causes trouble.
This year, the first Sunday of the new year was more difficult. Michelle was finally old enough to go into primary. Here is a picture of Michelle before we left for church.
She has been in mine and Gabe's nursery class. Let's just say she is pretty attached to us. I worried that she would throw herself down on the floor and refuse to go to class. Her new teacher, Sister Higgins, is wonderful. I worked hard all week to get Michelle prepared to go into primary. For once, I dreaded the end of sacrament meeting. Gabe took Michelle to primary. An amazing thing happened. She went without a fuss and no tears. Part of me was releived and part of me was hurt. She didn't need me constantly. It was a good feeling and I also felt a part of me was missing. I was so proud of her.
Here is Michelle after primary.

She had so much fun. She loved her teacher. She talked and talked about all they had done in class. It is funny to think that we no longer have a child in nursery.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

She has done great in Primary! She could have come in years ago!!