Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A morning with Michelle!

While Charles was at preschool and with the weather so nice, Michelle and I decided to go for a walk. When you go for a walk with Michelle, you go at her pace: SLOW. It is so nice and different from the daily routine. She chattered about the birds, the clouds, the sky, the trees without leaves, the dead grass, and how the flowers had died. We checked out cracks in the sidewalk. We listened to every little noise. It was so much fun. The one thing I thought was true of boys is also true of girls: they are fascinated with sticks. Michelle found this stick at the park. She played with it and walked home with it. She even threw a fit when I told her it could not go in the house. After having a wonderful walk, we came home and had a tea party. Michelle got these new dishes from us for her birthday and we hadn't tried them out yet. We had a tea party that lasted about 45 minutes. We again talked about everything. Oh to be young again and not have to worry about anything but having fun.

It is mornings like these that remind me why I love being a stay at home mom. Who would my kids walk with or have tea parties with? Thank you Michelle for a wonderful morning full of Michelle and mom time!!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Dena, she is blossoming into her moms beautiful features. She is so stinkin' cute. I totally see Charles' eyes in her:).

Crystal said...

Oh, how much fun! You are such a good Mom to do things like that with your kids. Next time come and take Ciara with you. Thank you, thank you, thank you for taking us with you to the Zoo. We had such a wonderful time. We are so lucky you can stand to be with us so much! Thank you so much again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sherri Hicks said...

Hello my sister...I left a comment on the October page, but then realized that you may not go back that far to read it. I just wanted to tell you that I love love love the picture of my micky Lynn with the stick. I am so proud to call you both mine. Love you so very much