Monday, August 24, 2009

Power of the Father

Have you seen that movie "Game Plan"? I love that part when the ballet instructor tells Dwayne (The Rock) about how he should never underestimate the power of the father. Fathers play a very special role in each daughter's life. Michelle has been asking more and more for dad to do things with her or take care of things for her. It is magical to watch this relationship grow and become stronger. Gabe worked from home one day last week. After Michelle's nap, she came in and asked Gabe if he would have a tea party with her. He very happily said yes. Gabe told Michelle to go get the tea ready and let him know when she was ready. I went in to check on her and she had the table all set. I helped her get into her princess dress (her new thing is dressing up for tea parties).
When Michelle called for Gabe, I don't think she was ready for her daddy to be dressed up, too.

She told Gabe he was silly. Their tea party lasted for almost twenty minutes. I sat in the office and just listened to the conversation that went on between father and daughter. It warmed my heart to see Gabe take such an active part in his little girl's play time. I am thankful that he is a good dad and enjoys our kids so much. I am also thankful for the time to sit back and watch or listen to the interactions of our kids with their father.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

This was WAAAAY too cute. LOVED every second of it Dena!

By the way, noticed this sweet Gabe of yours has shedded some pounds. Tim is trying to as well.

Suzanne said...

This was WAAAAY too cute. LOVED every second of it Dena!

By the way, noticed this sweet Gabe of yours has shedded some pounds. Tim is trying to as well.

Casey and Brynn said...

So sweet. What a good Dad!