Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Star Wars Birthday Party!

Charles decided he wanted a Star Wars party at home for his 6th birthday. He was so excited to invite some of his new friends from school. I worried about having it outside on the first weekend in April, but the weather cooperated very nicely. I also worried when Charles told me he wanted to include an Easter egg hunt since his party was the day before Easter. What do Star Wars and Easter eggs hunts have in common? You'll see!

Decorations

The Star Wars Cake. Charles loved it!!

As the kids arrived we had one of the Star Wars movies going that they could watch.

Once all of the children got to our house, I told them they were going to go through Jedi training. If they could complete all of the tasks during the party they would become official Jedi's. Then I told them that the Death Star had landed in the back yard and we needed their help to destroy it. We took them in the back yard and gave them water balloons to throw at our playground set.

Bombing the Death Star

Then I told them that a visitor had fallen asleep in the yard and I needed their help tying him up. We gave each child a can of silly string and had them use it to tie up Darth Vader.

They did a good job!

We then went into the house where I had put up a long board on two chairs. I took some of Charles' Star Wars figures and stood them up along the board. I gave the kids bean bags and had them knock the figures off the board. Then we did a pin the rocket ship on the space picture. It was so fun.

Pin the rocket ship

Time for presents

Then Charles blew out the candles and we had cake and ice cream.

Okay, so the party had gone great. Now it was time to tie in the Easter egg hunt. I told the kids that they had one task left to do in order to become Jedi Knights. In the back yard Gabe went and hid 100 eggs. I had each of them reach in a bag and pull out a different colored egg. I then told them that they were moon rocks. Each child had 10 moon rocks to find. If they were successful, they would become Jedi Knights. (A bit of a reach, huh?)

The Easter Egg Hunt - Moon Rock Hunt

Once the children found all of the eggs we went inside and counted to make sure they had each found 10 eggs. I presented each one with a certificate of completion of Jedi training. They really seemed to have a good time. We then let them finish watching Star Wars and they opened their eggs until parents came. We had a lot of fun!!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

You are such a fun mom! The kids had so much fun at the party!!!! We have a blog for Kaylie if you want to follow her missionary experiance. http://hermanakturnbaugh.blogspot.com/